Friday, May 2, 2014

!!! Sandy Millin: I'm a terrible student - motivate me! | TeachingEnglish | British Council | BBC

Sandy Millin: I'm a terrible student - motivate me! | TeachingEnglish | British Council | BBC

www.edmodo.com
Edmodo is a social network for education. It looks a bit like facebook, but groups are closed. This means that you can only see what is posted if you have a ‘group code’ for your class. I use Edmodo to set homework, so nobody can say they didn’t know what it was...
...
Micro-dictations
Using Edmodo means I can easily make homework a bit more creative, rather than simply giving exercises from the workbook. One of the most successful activities I’ve tried is micro-dictations, which I now set every two to three weeks.
Find or record a very short audio clip, 20 seconds at most. You can clip one from a longer text usingwww.mp3cut.net. Share the recording with students on Edmodo. They have to write what they hear.
...
www.quizlet.com My all-time favourite way of encouraging students to practise outside class is Quizlet, a website designed to help you learn vocabulary. It has different activities designed in a fun way, allowing students to play games and compete with each other, as well as themselves (beating their own best time for example), to learn the words...

No comments:

Post a Comment